From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: gdb fails unders win95?
Date: 1999/05/25
Date: 1999-05-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

fdebruin@my-dejanews.com writes:

> I am trying to use the debugger that comes with
> gnat (version 3.11p). It fails with the following
> message:
>

> [failed reading symbols from DLL]
> "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/MSVCRT.DLL": can't read
> symbols: File format not recognized.
>

> Does someone know how to remedy this?

This above means gdb did not totally _fail_, it just doesn't have
debug information for that DLL. You can still use it to debug your
code.

gdb has not yet been taught how to understand Microsoft debugging
format, and probably never will.

So the "remedy" is to just ignore these messages, and keep on going.

-- Stephe