From: Matthew Heaney <matthewjheaney@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Investigating Ada
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:49:27 GMT
Date: 2005-10-05T02:49:27+00:00	[thread overview]

"Phoebe" <no@nospam.net> writes:

> I'm going to learn it anyway, but I'm just hoping that people could
> comment on its popularity, and also how it has kept up against the
> other languages which surely must have incorporated a lot of its
> advantages by now. Thanks

You can poke around at gnat.com for up-to-date information:

<http://www.gnat.com/aa_lectures.php>

I myself have been involved with the development of the standard
container library that is being added to Ada 2005.  Ada's new container
library is modelled very closely on the STL, so if you know C++ then
you'll be on familiar turf.  (The library is included in GCC 4.)