* How do I debug/fix this
@ 2009-11-21  0:05 Harry Tucker
From: Harry Tucker @ 2009-11-21  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got my little program running in Windows, so I decided to try it in
Linux (Ubantu) and this is the runtime error I get in linux: raised
PROGRAM_ERROR : Process Prefix: s-valuti.adb:277 explicit raise. The
error was captured by my error handler and rethrown so I could find
where it happened. The original error is a CONSTRAINT_ERROR and
looking at the System.Val_Util, line 277 It is issued in a procedure
called Scan_Trailing_Blanks. I think the problem is that the data file
was created by a windows program so the end_of_line is wrong. But I'm
not sure how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

And any World of Warcraft players out there? I'm trying to use Ada to
understand the WoWCombatLog.txt file. lol.

* Re: How do I debug/fix this
@ 2009-11-21  0:25 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2009-11-21  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 20, 4:05 pm, Harry Tucker <harry.tuc...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I got my little program running in Windows, so I decided to try it in
> Linux (Ubantu) and this is the runtime error I get in linux: raised
> PROGRAM_ERROR : Process Prefix: s-valuti.adb:277 explicit raise. The
> error was captured by my error handler and rethrown so I could find
> where it happened. The original error is a CONSTRAINT_ERROR and
> looking at the System.Val_Util, line 277 It is issued in a procedure
> called Scan_Trailing_Blanks. I think the problem is that the data file
> was created by a windows program so the end_of_line is wrong. But I'm
> not sure how to fix it.
>
> Any suggestions?

The best way is to post your code. Without your code it is very
difficult to provide correct solution.

Anh Vo

* Re: How do I debug/fix this
@ 2009-11-21 15:46 ` Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2009-11-21 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 nov, 01:05, Harry Tucker <harry.tuc...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> And any World of Warcraft players out there? I'm trying to use Ada to
> understand the WoWCombatLog.txt file. lol.

If the syntax is not trivial you may want to build a parser, e.g. by
using ayacc.
I did it to read another kind of file in another game - works fine...
Gautier

* Re: How do I debug/fix this
@ 2009-11-21 17:24   ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2009-11-21 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<b3ac62eb-a230-45b5-9220-960f7facc587@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
 Gautier write-only <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 nov, 01:05, Harry Tucker <harry.tuc...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > And any World of Warcraft players out there? I'm trying to use Ada to
> > understand the WoWCombatLog.txt file. lol.
>
> If the syntax is not trivial you may want to build a parser, e.g. by
> using ayacc. I did it to read another kind of file in another game -
> works fine...

For reference, the OP might also like to see this other parser:

<http://code.google.com/p/stasiscl/>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

* Re: How do I debug/fix this
@ 2009-11-22  7:51     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2009-11-22  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"John B. Matthews" <nospam@nospam.invalid> writes:

> In article
> <b3ac62eb-a230-45b5-9220-960f7facc587@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
>  Gautier write-only <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21 nov, 01:05, Harry Tucker <harry.tuc...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> > And any World of Warcraft players out there? I'm trying to use Ada to
>> > understand the WoWCombatLog.txt file. lol.
>>
>> If the syntax is not trivial you may want to build a parser, e.g. by
>> using ayacc. I did it to read another kind of file in another game -
>> works fine...
>
> For reference, the OP might also like to see this other parser:
>
> <http://code.google.com/p/stasiscl/>

Or this one:

http://www.stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html

Version 3.1a is now available as a Debian package in unstable.

--
-- Stephe