* gtkeditor, gtkada and gtk
@ 2002-03-14  8:17 tony
From: tony @ 2002-03-14  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good Morning Beardies,
   has anyone ever used the GTKeditor object at the gnome gtk
application developer site? I would be interested to hear of their
experiences. Has anyone tried to write a scanner object for the GTK
editor.

I'm looking to create a uncomplex editor object which basically parses
ada correctly then lays it out nicely into a nice text format.

Although I am aware of Ted Dennisons ada lexical analysis tools, I am
pretty lazy and looking for something to format ada text.

If anyone is aware of any source code that does this, please tell me....

* Re: gtkeditor, gtkada and gtk
@ 2002-03-14  8:28 Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2002-03-14  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

As far as I know, Ted has a formatter, it's however probably not yet released.
Just mail to him directly.

@ 2002-03-14 16:27 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2002-03-14 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

tony wrote:

> I'm looking to create a uncomplex editor object which basically parses
> ada correctly then lays it out nicely into a nice text format.
>
> Although I am aware of Ted Dennisons ada lexical analysis tools, I am
> pretty lazy and looking for something to format ada text.
>
> If anyone is aware of any source code that does this, please tell me....

AdaGIDE come with an Ada formatter. I'm not very fond of the way if
formats, but that's a different matter. It does format Ada, and the
source code is freely available.

--
Jeffrey Carter

* Re: gtkeditor, gtkada and gtk
@ 2002-03-14 17:56 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-03-14 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

tony <tonygair@btinternet.com> writes:

> Good Morning Beardies,
>    has anyone ever used the GTKeditor object at the gnome gtk
> application developer site? I would be interested to hear of their
> experiences. Has anyone tried to write a scanner object for the GTK
> editor.
>
> I'm looking to create a uncomplex editor object which basically parses
> ada correctly then lays it out nicely into a nice text format.

Calling that functionality "uncomplex" is interesting ...

> Although I am aware of Ted Dennisons ada lexical analysis tools, I
> am pretty lazy and looking for something to format ada text.
>
> If anyone is aware of any source code that does this, please tell me....

I suspect this is _not_ what you are actually looking for, but Emacs
Ada mode has an Ada parser/formatter (written in Emacs lisp).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: gtkeditor, gtkada and gtk
@ 2002-03-15  9:44   ` tony
From: tony @ 2002-03-15  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

snip

> AdaGIDE come with an Ada formatter. I'm not very fond of the way if
> formats, but that's a different matter. It does format Ada, and the
> source code is freely available.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Carter

Well done Jeff,
       I had a look through and saw the reformat_pkg, chances are I'll
be using this pending license restrictions,

I thought the license restrictions a bit confusing as two were quoted,
both the ada community license and the GPL.

Does anyone know if I incorparate this do I have to just hand back the
modified procedure or the whole of my application (not willing yet to do
this )