* GNAT 3.15 - missing DLL after linking with OpenGL
@ 2002-12-02 16:01 John F. Haddon
From: John F. Haddon @ 2002-12-02 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

I've just installed GNAT 3.15p and GNATWIN 3.15p on a Windows NT (and a
Windows 98) system and have tried to link with GLUT. Under Windows NT I get
the error message "The dynamic link library ll.dll could no be found in the
specified path". Under Windows 98, the error message is "Error starting
program, a required .DLL file, LL.DLL was not found". The path is OK and I'
ve done a search for the dll across the whole of both systems, both before
and after installation. It does not exist. The compile/link command
generates a valid executable under GNAT 3.14 that performs normally. The
program was ada_speres.adb, part of the standard distribution for GLUT3.7.6
To simplify the problem, I've reduced the program to a minimum and get the
same error.:

with glut;
with Interfaces.C.Strings;

procedure test is
      Result  : Integer;
      C_Title : Interfaces.C.Strings.Chars_Ptr:=
Interfaces.C.Strings.New_String ("FRED");
begin
   Result := glut.Glutcreatewindow (C_Title);
   Interfaces.C.Strings.Free (C_Title);
end test;

Any help would be appreciated as I use Opengl in almost all my programs!

John

John Haddon, QinetiQ, Hants. GU14 0LX

* Re: GNAT 3.15 - missing DLL after linking with OpenGL
@ 2002-12-03  1:03 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2002-12-03  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"John F. Haddon" <jf_haddon@QinetiQ.com> writes:

> I've just installed GNAT 3.15p and GNATWIN 3.15p on a Windows NT (and a
> Windows 98) system and have tried to link with GLUT. Under Windows NT I get
> the error message "The dynamic link library ll.dll could no be found in the
> specified path".

If you use a non-3.15p import library, try rebuilding it with the 3.15p
dlltool.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: jvandyk@attglobal.net
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk