From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.A.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: XML Parser for embedded system
Date: 06 Dec 2002 17:58:21 -0500
Date: 2002-12-06T23:09:38+00:00	[thread overview]

"Schumacher" <guido-schumacher@t-online.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a XML parser in Ada that can
> be used in an embedded system.
> It should be a parser that has a deterministic timing
> behaviour and  memory consumption e.g. it
> should avoid any kind of recursive function calls.

That's a pretty tough requirement; deterministic timing on arbitrary
input data?

> I would like to use it for reading simple nested data structures up
> to a given predefined nesting level.

Ok, not _totally_ arbitrary. Still, is there a limit on how many
structures are in the file?

On the other hand, the limit on nesting probably limits any recursion
to a known value; would that be acceptable?

> So it is not necessary that is supports the complete XML standard. A
> small subset should be sufficient.

GtkAda comes with a subset XML parser that may meet your needs. I
don't remember if it uses recursion.

--
-- Stephe