* Code Search :-)
@ 2003-06-05 19:00 Drey
From: Drey @ 2003-06-05 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

I have a small problem...
or i think i�m too lazy or i ask my self why i schould code something,
that already has been coded :-)

I search for a package that is able make methods on a type alike an
array.
What i want from this type "Field" that ist works like an array (the
dimensions of course are variable) but with one feature: I want to be
able to change the borders of dimensions (Increase,Decrease).
I hope i say it understandably. :-)

Example:
I have a Field that is limited
Var : Fieldtype( 1..3 , 1..6 , 1..8 ) of Elementtype

and after the Icrease(Dimension => 1, Border => 1) operation on the
"Var" look like this: (It have the same Values of elementtype as
before)
Var : Fieldtype( _1..4_ , 1..6 , 1..8 ) of Elementtype

I tried to make it with Lists (access types), and i will further try
to improve my code, but i hope that there is anybody who can help me
:-)

Thank You

Greeeeeez Andre

* Re: Code Search :-)
@ 2003-06-05 20:30 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-05 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Drey wrote:
> I tried to make it with Lists (access types), and i will further try
> to improve my code, but i hope that there is anybody who can help me
>:-)

Have a look at Charles:

You'll find it through here:

   http://www.pogner.demon.co.uk/components/

I'd expect it can help you.

--
Preben Randhol                    http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/

* Re: Code Search :-)
@ 2003-06-05 20:57 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-06-05 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

DreySf@gmx.net (Drey) writes:

> Hi !
>
> I have a small problem...
> or i think i�m too lazy or i ask my self why i schould code something,
> that already has been coded :-)
>
> I search for a package that is able make methods on a type alike an
> array.
> What i want from this type "Field" that ist works like an array (the
> dimensions of course are variable) but with one feature: I want to be
> able to change the borders of dimensions (Increase,Decrease).
> I hope i say it understandably. :-)

No, but your example is clearer. Just shows that Ada is the true
universal language :).

> Example:
> I have a Field that is limited
> Var : Fieldtype( 1..3 , 1..6 , 1..8 ) of Elementtype
>
> and after the Icrease(Dimension => 1, Border => 1) operation on the
> "Var" look like this: (It have the same Values of elementtype as
> before)
> Var : Fieldtype( _1..4_ , 1..6 , 1..8 ) of Elementtype

I have a package that does this for one dimensional arrays (other Ada
libraries have a similar package). See
http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/ada/sal.html, in particular the
SAL.Poly.Unbounded_Arrays package.

(argh. I just realized all of the links to the formatted source code
on that page are broken. I may get to fix them soon. You can download
the .tar.gz).

(one of my current projects is a web spider that checks that kind of
thing. Yes, I started with Tom Moran's 'finder').

I don't explicitly provide the "Increase" function, but the "Append"
function is similar.

> I tried to make it with Lists (access types), and i will further try
> to improve my code, but i hope that there is anybody who can help me
> :-)

I think there will be problems adapting my one-dimension package to
multiple dimensions. You may have to use a one-dimensional array
underneath, and do the multi-dimension index calculation yourself.

--
-- Stephe