From: Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Need help w/ ada-mode.el under Emacs 21.
Date: 29 Jul 2003 10:20:08 -0400
Date: 2003-07-29T14:21:25+00:00	[thread overview]

"Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

> I see that I can suppress re-indentation of the *current* line by adding
> (setq ada-indent-after-return nil) to my ~/.emacs, but that's not what I
> want to change -- I want to change indentation of the line where the
> cursor ends up after pressing return.  Nor do I want to disable
> indentation altogether; I just want to disable contextless indentation.
> (While working on complicated problems I like to put "lose end" comments at
> the left margin so I can find them more easily by skimming, and it's
> really annoying to have to move every line back to the margin by hand.)

I suspect you are going to have to write a custom indentation
function.

It's easy to disable all indentation on return; just rebind the return
key.

But what you are asking for is more complicated. I suspect the
ada-mode with emacs 21 got "smarter", and therefore now does more than
you want.

You can retrieve the ada-mode source from an old distribution of
Emacs, but it's pretty dense (I've tried to fix indentation issues
myself), so that probably won't help much.

Post a few actual examples of "before", "after" and "desired"; maybe
I'll have an idea.

--
-- Stephe