* CORBA and Ada95
@ 1998-01-19  0:00 deloria
From: deloria @ 1998-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody know of tools/products that support
CORBA and Ada95?  IONA and OIS have stopped
their joint venture in this area.  I think OIS is trying to
produce an ORB and IDL tool for Ada95.

Are their any others vendors???

(Replace Lucky with deloria in mail)

* Re: CORBA and Ada95
@ 1998-01-20  0:00 ` Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1998-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

deloria wrote:

> Does anybody know of tools/products that support
> CORBA and Ada95?  IONA and OIS have stopped
> their joint venture in this area.  I think OIS is trying to
> produce an ORB and IDL tool for Ada95.
>
> Are their any others vendors???
>
> (Replace Lucky with deloria in mail)

For OIS info, see http://www.ois.com/
See also: LMFS at http://www.owego.com/awacs/

* Re: CORBA and Ada95
@ 1998-01-21  0:00 ` Brad Balfour
From: Brad Balfour @ 1998-01-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <34C42E25.201E224B@scv.net>, deloria <deloria@scv.net> wrote:
>Does anybody know of tools/products that support
>CORBA and Ada95?  IONA and OIS have stopped
>their joint venture in this area.  I think OIS is trying to
>produce an ORB and IDL tool for Ada95.

I can speak to the status of OIS' new ORBexpress product.
The product was recently demonstrated at Tri-Ada '97 in St. Louis.
Out 3rd generation CORBA 2.0 ORB has just now entered its formal beta test
phase. It is shipping to our current ORBexpress customers and all those
Orbix/Ada customers who have chosen to convert their licenses. It is also
available for evaluation.

Formal Beta Test means, to OIS, that the product has passed our extensive
internal suite of CORBA tests, is fully documented, is completely packaged,
and is ready for wide-spread shakedown by users. We expect the formal beta
period to last about 6-8 weeks.

For more information on ORBexpress, send e-mail to info@ois.com or check out
http://www.ois.com/

Brad

--
Brad Balfour
Director of Technology Services

* Re: CORBA and Ada95
@ 1998-01-21  0:00 ` Jean-Claude MAHIEUX
From: Jean-Claude MAHIEUX @ 1998-01-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes there are !!!

My company, Top Graph'X has developped its own full Ada95
implementation of CORBA.
This is available since July 97.

We provide an efficient ORB, idl2ada compiler, development
libraries (client and server side), naming service, interface
repository, licensing service, event service.
We will soon deliver a real-time version of this environment.

I hope this helps.
Jean-Claude Mahieux
Top Graph'X
Email : topgraphx@compuserve.com

--
Jean-Claude Mahieux -Top Graph'X - FRANCE
Tel : (33 1) 69 26 97 88 Fax : (33 1) 69 26 97 89