* Re: ANN: SETI@Home Service 2.0 Released
       [not found] <icrr6.2909$54.3106@www.newsranger.com>
@ 2001-03-13 16:02 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-03-13 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

(newsgroups pared to c.l.a)

In article <icrr6.2909$54.3106@www.newsranger.com>, Ted Dennison says...

>I'm pleased to announce that the SETI@Home Service version 2.0 is now available
>for dowload at http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/SETI/SETI_Service.html .
>This latest version inculdes the following changes:
>
>o  Client progress and other info can now be served to your web browser during
>execution.
>
>The last item ought to be of particular interest to those running wide-spread
>SETI farms. Curious how far from completion that machine over in building 20 >is? Just point your web broswer there and see. :-)

As the more astute of you may have guessed, this was indeed accomplished with
the aid of AWS. So thanks to Pascal and Dmitry for the fine package. I can
report that once I figured out how to download all the parts and compile them
together, using AWS was a breeze. If you want to see an Ada program dynamicly
generating and serving up web pages, download the SETI@Home Service and check it
out.

I'd also like to mention that I found a somewhat novel solution to the problem
(mentioned here earlier this year) of getting some kind of prominent mention of
Ada into the service. Each dynamicly-served web page includes an "Ada Powered"
bug on the bottom, with a link to AdaPower.com. :-)

---

* Re: ANN: SETI@Home Service 2.0 Released
@ 2001-03-14  8:40   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-03-14  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com> writes:

> As the more astute of you may have guessed, this was indeed accomplished with
> the aid of AWS. So thanks to Pascal and Dmitry for the fine package. I can
> report that once I figured out how to download all the parts and compile them
> together, using AWS was a breeze. If you want to see an Ada program dynamicly
> generating and serving up web pages, download the SETI@Home Service and
> check it out.

Next version of AWS will have an example on how to launch the the famous (at
least for me) runme demo as a service under Windows. This is using the very
nice Windows NT Service API developed by Ted.

Pascal.

--|