From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Serial Programming on the AIX
Date: 28 Mar 2001 14:59:05 -0500
Date: 2001-03-28T20:13:34+00:00	[thread overview]

jmanghan@dt088n7d.san.rr.com (Jeetendra Manghani) writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I had a couple questions to serial programming in ada:
>
> 1)  Can you set the baud rate?  In C, you can using tcsetattr
> function.  Is there a comparable function in ada?

"tcsestattr" is actually provided by the operating system (AIX). The C
compiler vendor was kind enough to provide a binding of it to C. Ask
your Ada vendor to do the same, or write your own. If you have trouble
writing your own binding, post your best effort here, and maybe we can help.

> 2) I am coming across a problem where I use READ on the port but it
> blocks until the entire buffer is filled up and then returns,
> instead of returning on a CR. Any ideas?

Ask your Ada vendor about non-blocking reads on files, or about
setting buffering parameters on files.

--
-- Stephe