From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Problems with assignment
Date: 24 May 2002 13:19:17 -0400
Date: 2002-05-24T17:26:15+00:00	[thread overview]

"Andreas Lans" <b99andla@student.his.se> writes:

> So, the prior problem is solved, but now a new one has come up. Im trying to
> get the Get_Random_Female procedure to return a female to be stored in the
> temp variable. In short it looks like this.When I try to compile this it
> says: Left hand of assignment must not be limited type. Its about the
> declaration temp:=Island.Get_Random_Female.Whats the problem??

The problem is that the variable 'temp' is of type 'Female', which is
a limited type. You cannot assign objects of a limited type.

One solution (which is really what you are asking for; the compiler
told you the problem :), is to use an access type:

type Female_Access is access all Female;

On the other hand, I have not read your program in detail, so this may
not be the correct approach.

Female is a task type, which is by definition limited. Maybe you need
an array of "Females", and return an index to one. Or an array of
"Female_Access". Ask your professor which is better.

--
-- Stephe