* Windex
@ 2003-10-27 17:00 Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-10-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, in the spirit of "never say never", I got tired of waiting to
have time to port my favorite Windex application to GtkAda, and
decided to see how hard it would be to fix Windex on Windows 2000.
Took about an hour; MS had added a field to the MenuItem record. Of
course, I should have had a test function that checked the lengths of
all C structs I imported, but that would have meant maintaing some C
code with MS Visual Studio; one of the reasons I gave up on Windex.

Anyway, if you want the fix, let me know. This is one way of guaging
interest in Windex :). If there is sufficient interest, I'll do a
release (the fix is _not_ on my website).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Windex
@ 2003-10-27 17:10 ` Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2003-10-27 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

well you got my interest.  But I think you knew that already. ;-).

I gotta stop praising you, people think I'll be starting a Great Stephen
Leake Ada Programmer's Cult or something. ;-).

Sorry to everyone else, but As it happened, I learned a lot of my ada
programming from Windex and SAL when I started along with a few other
examples and some PDF files :-)...he's my mentor and he don't even know it
;-).

--
St�phane Richard
"Ada World" Webmaster

"Stephen Leake" <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov> wrote in message
> Well, in the spirit of "never say never", I got tired of waiting to
> have time to port my favorite Windex application to GtkAda, and
> decided to see how hard it would be to fix Windex on Windows 2000.
> Took about an hour; MS had added a field to the MenuItem record. Of
> course, I should have had a test function that checked the lengths of
> all C structs I imported, but that would have meant maintaing some C
> code with MS Visual Studio; one of the reasons I gave up on Windex.
>
> Anyway, if you want the fix, let me know. This is one way of guaging
> interest in Windex :). If there is sufficient interest, I'll do a
> release (the fix is _not_ on my website).
>
> --
> -- Stephe

* Re: Windex
@ 2003-10-27 19:27   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-10-27 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stephane Richard" <stephane.richard@verizon.net> writes:

> Sorry to everyone else, but As it happened, I learned a lot of my ada
> programming from Windex and SAL when I started along with a few other
> examples and some PDF files :-)...he's my mentor and he don't even know it
> ;-).

Thanks.

But this raises a general point. If you like/use an open source
project, you should provide feedback to the authors. Often the only
feedback we get is bugs. For all I know, there are hundreds of people
using Windex, and they've never had a problem :). I'd like to hear
from them.

I guess I should figure out how to log the downloads from my website,
and nag people with "satisfaction surveys".

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Windex
@ 2003-10-28 13:55     ` Stephane Richard