* Re: Win32 bindings for gnat 3.01 (LabTek)?
       [not found] <3141425E.316@mcs.com>
@ 1996-03-25  0:00 ` Carl Bowman
From: Carl Bowman @ 1996-03-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3141425E.316@mcs.com>, Mike Young  <mikey@mcs.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can anyone tell me where I can find the Win32 bindings for Gnat 3.01
>from LabTek? One of the example programs, simple, uses package Win32,
>and a casual search of the distribution tree didn't reveal its presence.
>There is a win32ada.a file in the lib directory, but it doesn't appear
>to be related.
>
>Failing that, does anyone know if MFC has been ported to GNAT yet? :)
>
>Mike.

From the Ada Information Clearinghouse's Software Engineering host
http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/source-code/bindings/win32ada/win32ada.html :

Win32Ada is an Ada 95 binding for Windows. Release 2.0 works with the
Microsoft Win32 Application Programming Interface available on Windows
NT and Windows 95. Its major features are:

    direct binding between Ada and C, so programmers' knowledge of the
Win32 API can be reused and existing Windows documents and books can
be reused;

    extensive coverage of the Win32 API;

    good Ada 95 style;

    extensive online help including Ada help and hyperlinks to the
Microsoft help for the C language API;

    a small but interesting library of sample programs written in Ada
95 which perform Windows functions.

Win32Ada has been tested on Intel 486 and Pentium platforms using
Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 3.51, Windows 95, and the GNAT 3.01 Ada 95
compiler.

Development of Win32Ada was funded by the Ada Joint Program Office.

-Carl Bowman
Ada Information Clearinghouse

* Re: Win32 bindings for gnat 3.01 (LabTek)?
@ 1996-03-26  0:00   ` Thomas Hoffmann
From: Thomas Hoffmann @ 1996-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4j63n7$ld7@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us> bowmanc@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us (Carl Bowman) writes:

   From the Ada Information Clearinghouse's Software Engineering host
   http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/source-code/bindings/win32ada/win32ada.html :

Does anyone know of a (european) mirror that holds this file ?
I did not succeed in anyone of my numerous attempts to download these
bindings.

Thomas Hoffmann                      E-mail: hoffmann@ehms1.et.tu-dresden.de
TU Dresden                           Phone : +49 351 463 5399
Institut fuer Halbleiter-            Fax:  : +49 351 463 7172
und Mikrosystemtechnik
01062 Dresden, Germany.