From: Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada Web Server
Date: 06 Jun 2002 22:36:42 +0200
Date: 2002-06-06T20:36:44+00:00	[thread overview]

"Darren Ingram" <dazatrustsno1@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am currently trying to set up AWS on win98 machine.

Please, try using a real OS :)

> I've not had to do anything like this before, so im not too sure what im
> doing!  I have succesfull got the latest version of ada going.
>
> Im at the stage of the guide which says:
>
> "Building
>
> When you have built and configured all libraries you must either set
> ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH (for GNAT) to point to the right
> directories or update the INCLUDES variable in top `makefile'.
>
> At this point you can build AWS. There is two ways to build AWS:
>
> with SSL support
>    $ make build_ssl
>
> without SSL support (no need for the OpenSSL libraries in this case).
>    $ make build_std
>
> In each case you'll certainly have to edit the makefile to correctly set the
> include path for the libraries POSIX, OpenSSL and Socket. For more
> information, look at the makefiles. "

This is redundant with first paragraph.

> Can anyone explain to me what this actually means (put it in simple terms
> for a simple person!) or point me in the direction of a newsgroup/website
> etc where i might get some help?

All this has been written by a french guy :)

It means:

1) Compile all libraries needed by AWS : Adasockets is mandatory, POSIX is
   optional.

2) Update ADA_INCLUDE_PATH/ADA_OBJECT_PATH (see GNAT doc) to point to the
   libraries's installation directory.

3) build AWS (make build_std)

You are right it is not clear, I'll try to fix that for the next release.

You certainly should post such question to the AWS mailing-list. See
http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws.

Pascal.

--|