* Using JEWL Windows Package
@ 2002-02-22 20:37 Fraz
From: Fraz @ 2002-02-22 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me how i might do the following using the above package?

1.  Is there any way to make a FRAME_TYPE window scrollable?  I want to put
more buttons on the screen than I can actually see and need to be able to
scroll to them. Any suggestions?

2.  Is there any way to colourise the text on a canvas? I have drawn a tour
which consits of a number of dot joined by lines - i want to number these
dots but use the same colour that each dot is displayed in?

I have implemented most of the code using this package so far and dont
really want to change so is there anyway to do these using either jewl or
inbuilt ada functions?

Please download the .exe file and have a look at the work in progress
The source is so far free and any comments or advice on it would be
gratefull appreciated

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~fraz/vrp.html
(to be uploaded soon)

* Re: Using JEWL Windows Package
@ 2002-02-22 21:17 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2002-02-22 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I have implemented most of the code using this package so far and dont
>really want to change so is there anyway to do these using either jewl
or
>inbuilt ada functions?

As I understand it, JEWL is intended to make it easy for students to
build GUI Ada programs, not to make it possible to do everything under
the sun.

I'd recommend biting the bullet and moving to a full featured binding. I
(of course) recommend Claw for Windows programs (get the free version at
www.rrsoftware.com/html/prodinf/claw/claw.htm), or GtkAda for
cross-platform programs.

            Randy Brukardt