From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Glide problems
Date: 08 Mar 2001 12:50:16 -0500
Date: 2001-03-08T18:04:16+00:00	[thread overview]

Peter Brylde <peter.brylde@capgemini.se> writes:

> > Thanks for your fast response!
>
> I get the same error message trying to run ddd outside Glide as well. The
> file does not exist.. I presumed that the file were included in one of the
> gnat RPMs? Do you know where I can find it?

ddd is a standard debugger interface, I assume you can find it where
you find other Red Hat packages. I am just getting started with Linux,
using Debian, so I can't be more specific.

> Regarding the "nothing happens when I insert values", it must be
> something with Glide, because when I execute the file outside Glide
> everything works perfectly

When you "execute the file in Glide", do you start a shell in Glide
and then execute the file from the shell prompt? If so, you need to be
aware that Glide (which is just another name for Emacs) is buffering
your keystrokes, and only sends your input to the application when you
hit return. In your Ada code, Get_Line will work properly,
Get_Immediate won't.

--
-- Stephe