From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
Date: 16 Oct 2002 13:40:20 -0400
Date: 2002-10-16T17:51:16+00:00	[thread overview]

Jano <notelacreas@porfavor.no> writes:

> En el mensaje <uelasyh23.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov>, stephen.a.leake.1
> @gsfc.nasa.gov dice...
>
> > > I'm looking at sourceforge for win32 binaries ready to install but
> > > it seems they don't exist.
> >
> > Correct. GNADE has only recently begun supplying binary packages for
> > Linux, and we have not discussed binary packages for Windows.
> >
> > Since there is no standard packaging scheme for Windows, it's not
> > clear how to distribute a binary.
>
> Mmm... I'm wondering. I have an old 1.1.5 executable that installs
> GNADE, and even creates start menu entries for docs, uninstall and
> rebuilding of the libadaodbc.a. That's the reason why I was searching
> for an actualized version.
>
> I presume it's made by another person?

Yes, gnade for Win32 used to be maintained by someone else.

> > That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.
>
> Seems pretty easy :-) From reading the docs I had the idea I was in need
> of gmake.

If you find that in the current distribution, it's a bug; submit a bug
report.

'gmake' seems to be a common name for 'Gnu make', which is what comes
with GNAT and Cygwin.

> Are you refering to the make that comes with gnat?

Yes.

> If it's this easy, really it's enough for me. I'll give a try.

If you need more help, email me off list: stephen_leake@acm.org. Let
me know how it goes, either way.

--
-- Stephe