From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
Subject: Re: Object Pascal (Delphi) or ADA???????
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:16:04 -0500
Date: 2002-02-06T13:16:04-05:00	[thread overview]

Until I wrote GWindows, I frequently used Delphi or VB combined with Ada.

If you use GNATCOM to create a Ada COM object, it is unbelievably easy to
use it from any other language or environment including Delphi, VB, VC++, or
anything on .NET.

There are examples of using VB for a front end in the GNATCOM package, but
it is just as easy to do so using Delphi.

If you are writing a professional application using Ada and GNATCOM you get
all the advantages of Ada plus the availability of world class support from
ACT that you are not going to find with any other language or vendor.

Using GWindows, I frequently find my self as productive as I was with Delphi
particularly if the GUI is side of things is dynamic. The Database support
for controls in GWindows is worth taking a look at also.

The GWindows/GNATCOM/GNAT combination is only around 6 months of full time
work behind Delphi v3 level of productivity and functionality (almost all of
which is really just on the GUI builder side as the combination is already
as powerful and functional as VB, VC++, C++ Builder or Delphi). Work is
being done on GWindows, but lately the pace is a bit sluggish, but it is
moving.

David Botton