From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Problem using Gnat.Traceback.Symbolic.Symbolic_Traceback()
Date: 17 Jan 2001 14:20:49 -0500
Date: 2001-01-17T19:33:33+00:00	[thread overview]

rbrogers@iwvisp.com (Bob Rogers) writes:

> <snip>
>
> However, gnat.traceback.symbolic.Symbolic_Traceback(Traceback_Array))
> fails with the console message:
>
> (null): C:\PROG\WORK\MYPROG.EXE.exe: No such file or directory
>
> Comments in function Symbolic_Traceback (g-trasym.adb) say that the
> function actually executes the Ada-aware version of addr2line for each
> address in the traceback array. The message above implies that an
> extra .exe is being  appended to the program name before it is passed
> to addr2line.

The Win32 version of the gcc tools always append a ".exe" to your
supplied executable name. Also, you seem to be using upper case for
your file names.

I've used Symbolic_Traceback successfully on WinNT and Win95. I don't
specify an executable name to gnatmake (just use the default), and I
always use lower case for all file names.

You might try those two things to see if it helps.

--
-- Stephe