* Compiler construction tools for Ada
@ 2002-10-21 10:11 Piotr Zgorecki
From: Piotr Zgorecki @ 2002-10-21 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
parser/tree parser generators.

Pete

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
@ 2002-10-21 11:12 ` Colin Paul Gloster
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Colin Paul Gloster @ 2002-10-21 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lex:
HTTP://WWW.AdaIC.org/standards/95lrm/lexer9x.l

YACC:
HTTP://WWW.AdaIC.org/standards/95lrm/grammar9x.y

Java Compiler Compiler:
HTTP://www.cobase.CS.UCLA.edu/pub/javacc/ada9x.jj
HTTP://WWW.Webgain.com/download/javacc/details.html /
HTTP://WWWS.Sun.com/software/communitysource/j2ee/readme.html

NewJacc / Purdue JavaTree Builder / JavaCC:
HTTP://WWW.CSEE.WVU.edu/~callahan/software.html

If you want to implement it in Ada, see Tucker Taft's fairly
recent efforts in teaching compiler implementation in Ada.

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
@ 2002-10-21 14:10 ` Georg Bauhaus
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2002-10-21 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Piotr Zgorecki <pioter@terramail.cutthis.pl> wrote:
: Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
: only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
: parser/tree parser generators.

see also cocktail,
which has some support for Ada.
http://www.first.gmd.de/cocktail/
A search for cocktail in comp.lang.ada on google will reveal
more.

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
@ 2002-10-21 14:10 ` Ira Baxter
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ira Baxter @ 2002-10-21 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

See the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit.
http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.
Parsers, attribute evaluators, symbol table management,
surface-syntax tree-to-tree rewriting, prettyprinting,
scalable, available with Ada83/95 parser front ends.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com

"Piotr Zgorecki" <pioter@terramail.CUTTHIS.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
> only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
> parser/tree parser generators.
>
> Pete

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-10-21 20:37 ` Michal Nowak
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-10-21 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2002-10-21 at 10:11 Piotr Zgorecki wrote:

>Hi,

Hi,

>Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
>only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
>parser/tree parser generators.

Here are some useful links from what I have on CD:

Ada and Java Lexer:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Christ-Usch.Grein/Ada/Lexer.html

AFlex & AYacc for GNAT (may be really outdated):
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~bernat/resources.html

AFlexx & AYacc (other implemantation):
http://www.gnuada.org/rpms313p.html
http://mast.unican.es/aflex-ayacc-gnat.tar.gz

AdaGOOP - Ada Generator of Object-Oriented Parsers
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/usafa/adagoop/
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/adagoop/index.html

See you tomorrow,
Mike

--   ___        _
--  / _ \      | |                      I Choose Ada:
-- | |_| |  ___| |   _____   The Most Trusted Name in Software (TM)
-- |  _  | | __  |  | __  |
-- |_| |_| |_____|_ |_____|_ http://www.adaic.org/whyada/choose.html

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-10-22 21:51 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-10-22 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Piotr Zgorecki <pioter@terramail.CUTTHIS.pl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
> only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
> parser/tree parser generators.

For a run-time generated parser, see OpenToken:

http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/OpenToken/OpenToken.html

I like it :).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-11-03  1:21 ` David Marceau
From: David Marceau @ 2002-11-03  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Piotr Zgorecki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
> only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
> parser/tree parser generators.
>
> Pete
Here are a couple of very cool pieces of compiler construction code I
discovered in the CLA forum:
1)Check out the sources for ada2nqc translator for programming lego
mindstorm robots :)
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/adamindstorms1.htm
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/fagin/AdaMindstormsSource.zip

Sure it's cool what the result does but what's even cooler is the
technology for building the ada2nqc :)  As you requested ada2nqc uses
compiler construction tools for Ada...specifically adagoop, scayacc and
scaflex.

FYI adagoop/scayacc/scaflex may be found here:
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/adagoop/index.html
http://Unicoi.kennesaw.edu/ase/ase02_02/tools/scatcdsk/scatcb1u.zip

2)Check out the sources for adasubst/adadep
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm#Semtools

As you requested adasubst/adadep uses a compiler construction tool for
Ada: ASIS
http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigada/WG/asiswg/

If I understand correctly, ASIS is being recommended as the way of doing
these things from now on if you want to massage Ada code.
Also if I understand correctly, ASIS could be used for creating any
other grammar parser also.  I just haven't seen any examples of this
yet.
If I'm wrong about this please correct me and if anybody has sample code
for other grammars with ASIS feel free to jump in and provide a link :)
The more compiler writer freak wanna-bes for ada the better :)  BTW just
because I mention these links doesn't mean I know how to use them well
since as you could figure out there's a lot of SLOC's to digest in the
links above.

Nazdrovia, Nazdroya, Cheers, Sant� bonheur, Otsukaresama,
David Marceau

* Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
@ 2002-11-03 21:36   ` Ira Baxter
From: Ira Baxter @ 2002-11-03 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Piotr Zgorecki wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
> > only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
> > parser/tree parser generators.
> >
> > Pete

If you mean, "that are for (processing) Ada", see
the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit, with Ada83 and Ada95
front end parsers, tree builders, and prettyprinters.
You can also write source-to-source transformations,
and/or run attribute evaluations to carry out analyses.
See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.