From: Matthew Heaney <matthewjheaney@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Should MI be supported (was:  Can MI be supported?)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:02:36 GMT
Date: 2003-09-16T11:02:36+00:00	[thread overview]

Lionel.DRAGHI@fr.thalesgroup.com writes:

> [...]

Both.  The multiple views code is exactly the code a C++ compiler would
generate for you.

Bob Eachus showed how to use generic mixins to translate Hyman's example
into Ada95, but the classes in the C++ example didn't strike me as being
proper "mixin" classes.  Usually it's pretty obvious when a class is a
mixin.

So can you use generic mixins to effect MI in Ada95?  Probably, yes.
Did I think Bob's translation was very natural?  Not really, no.