From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: Ada generics and private type operations
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:46:30 -0400
Date: 2006-10-14T03:46:30-04:00	[thread overview]

Robert Sinclair <bob1sinclair@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've written a generic using Ada 95. The generic has 5 private
> types. I'm trying to perform ">=" and "<=" operations on the private
> types to no avail. I'm using 'With Function ">=" (l, r :
> private_type) return boolean' in the declaration of the generic. I
> can't seem to figure out how to code the instantiating program to
> actually perform the operation. Can someone please provide a simple
> code example?

We need to see your code first.

One general rule I follow is to use names rather than operator symbols
for generic parameters;

generic
   with function Greater_Equal ...;

That makes it clearer what is going on. The overloading/inheritance
rules for operator symbols can be hard to understand.

After you get things working this way, you can try replacing
Greater_Equal with ">=", and see if it breaks.

--
-- Stephe