From: jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es (Jesus M. Gonzalez)
Subject: Re: Gnat-3.04 source; builtin_setjmp/builtin_longjmp
Date: 1996/06/07
Date: 1996-06-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <1996Jun6.142139.25487@relay.nswc.navy.mil> dmann@relay.nswc.navy.mil (David Mann) writes:

   From: dmann@relay.nswc.navy.mil (David Mann)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
   Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 14:21:39 GMT
   Sender: news@relay.nswc.navy.mil

   Has anyone found that they cannot built GNAT-3.04 from source because
   the target platform does not support the routines 'builtin_setjmp'
   and 'builtin_lonjmp'.  If so, are they any ideas on what some
   replacement routines (in C I presume) would look like?

   -- David Mann

	Hi!

	As long as I know, builtin_*jmp are "builtin" functions,
this meaning that rather than been present in some library which
is serached at link time, gcc generates code for them at compile time.
As a consecuence, you *need* to compile gnat with a proper version
of gnat (or gcc for that matter). As long as I know,
builtin_*jmp are used only in two C files present in the gnat RTS.
That means that you need to compile the RTS with the correct
version of Gnat, which in turn is (for gnat-3.04) gnat-3.04,
because of the patchs to gcc it includes.

	In other words, I think you are trying to compile the RTS
with a non-patched version of gcc. Be sure of having succesfully
aplied the patch to gcc which comes with gnat-3.04 distribution,
and that you are using the compiler gnerated in the two first stages
of compilation for compiling the RTS. The procedure to build
Gnat described in the README works this way.

	If you are doing this, and still are having problems,
drop me a line, and I can send you more details.

		Jesus.