From: Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Ann: TeXCAD 4.0 (-\epsilon)
Date: 12 May 2003 11:50:57 -0400
Date: 2003-05-12T16:06:26+00:00	[thread overview]

"Gautier direct_replies_not_read" <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> writes:

> TeXCAD is a program for drawing or retouching {picture}s in LaTeX.
> More infos @ http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/texcad.htm

Hmm. I downloaded it, unzipped TeXCAD.exe to a place in my PATH, and
ran texcad. The first time, it gave an error box, something about the
registry not finding a file. As usual for MS error messages, it didn't
say what file. But then, when I tried it again, to reproduce the error
message, I didn't get the error message.

I _strongly_ urge you to not use the Windows Registry for _anything_!
It is a royal pain, hard to test, hard to debug. But the worst thing
is that the user cannot change settings on a per-process basis; the
registry is strictly per-user.

Anyway, I look forward to having a WYSIWYG tool for {picture}s on
Windows; I've actually been looking for one for quite a while.

And it's written in Ada, so I have some chance of fixing it/improving
it! Thanks!

Hmm. The menus/commands are going to take some getting used to. Just
like LaTeX :).

--
-- Stephe