* GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-27 15:29 David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-08-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gentoo GNU/Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/) now offers CVS snapshots of GNAT 5.0 if anyone is
interested in testing it. They are masked since GNAT 3.15p is still the stable release, but just
remove the gnat entry in/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask and you will be able to install it.
I only have a few tests here (that fail with gnat in gcc 3) and they worked with GNAT 5.0.
Anyway, if you are using gnat from gcc 3 you will definately want to ditch that and use the
snapshot as it contains the uncrippled gcc patch along with much newer Ada-code.
I will try to update the snapshot on a regular basis until 5.0 is released.

At the moment it is not possible to have multiple versions of GNAT installed in Gentoo. I'm
working on this since then you would be able to have both 3.15p and 5.0-snapshots. I'm currently
prioritizing porting it to other platforms though (ppc to begin with as I bought a Pegasos
yesterday).

//David Holm, Gentoo dev-team

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-27 19:40 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2003-08-27 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Holm <david@realityrift.com> writes:

> Gentoo GNU/Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/) now offers CVS snapshots
> of GNAT 5.0 if anyone is interested in testing it.

Just curious: where did you get it?  I wasn't aware that ACT released
GNAT 5.0 to the public.  I thought it was still reserved to paying
customers.  Are you sure this is free software?  I am all the more
suspicious that http://libre.act-europe.fr/gnat still mentions 3.15p
only.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-27 19:58   ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-08-27 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Um, from libre.act-europe.fr/gnat. The CVSROOT is on the bottom half of the page.

//David Holm

On 27 Aug 2003 21:40:00 +0200
Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@skynet.be> wrote:

> David Holm <david@realityrift.com> writes:
>
> > Gentoo GNU/Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/) now offers CVS snapshots
> > of GNAT 5.0 if anyone is interested in testing it.
>
> Just curious: where did you get it?  I wasn't aware that ACT released
> GNAT 5.0 to the public.  I thought it was still reserved to paying
> customers.  Are you sure this is free software?  I am all the more
> suspicious that http://libre.act-europe.fr/gnat still mentions 3.15p
> only.
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-27 22:45   ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2003-08-27 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ludovic Brenta" <ludovic.brenta@skynet.be> wrote in message
> David Holm <david@realityrift.com> writes:
>
> > Gentoo GNU/Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/) now offers CVS snapshots
> > of GNAT 5.0 if anyone is interested in testing it.
>
> Just curious: where did you get it?  I wasn't aware that ACT released
> GNAT 5.0 to the public.  I thought it was still reserved to paying
> customers.  Are you sure this is free software?  I am all the more
> suspicious that http://libre.act-europe.fr/gnat still mentions 3.15p
> only.

As david pointed out in a later post, it is in CVS.. Even if it were not
there is nothing that would prevent a paying customer from distributing the
sources..They don't have tobut they can...The "internal" versions of the
source are still GPL.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-29 18:14 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-08-29 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:29:34 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> Gentoo GNU/Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/) now offers CVS snapshots of GNAT 5.0 if anyone is
> interested in testing it. They are masked since GNAT 3.15p is still the stable release, but just
> remove the gnat entry in/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask and you will be able to install it.

Removing it from the package.mask didn't work, but emerging with,
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge dev-lang/gnat/gnat-5.0_pre20030822.ebuild
did.

Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-29 20:10   ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-08-29 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah, you are right. I just assumed everyone would already be on ~x86 as gnat-3.15p is still
there. I will move it to stable any day now however. We are also thinking of unmasking gnat-5.0
and placing it in ~x86, so I'm interested if you find any bugs (in which case I will keep it
masked a bit longer).
I am also working on a system which would allow you to have multiple versions of gnat installed
at the same time, but first I need to port it to ppc as I just replaced my desktop with a
Pegasos.

//David Holm

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:14:49 +0100
"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@__n_o_s_p_a_m__abyss2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:29:34 +0000, David Holm wrote:
>
> > Gentoo GNU/Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/) now offers CVS snapshots of GNAT 5.0 if anyone is
> > interested in testing it. They are masked since GNAT 3.15p is still the stable release, but
> > just remove the gnat entry in/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask and you will be able to
> > install it.
>
> Removing it from the package.mask didn't work, but emerging with,
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge dev-lang/gnat/gnat-5.0_pre20030822.ebuild
> did.
>
> Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-29 22:54     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-08-29 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:10:53 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> Ah, you are right. I just assumed everyone would already be on ~x86 as gnat-3.15p is still
> there. I will move it to stable any day now however. We are also thinking of unmasking gnat-5.0
> and placing it in ~x86, so I'm interested if you find any bugs (in which case I will keep it
> masked a bit longer).

Is there any updated manuals for 5.0? Like the ug/rf manuals of 3.15p?

I'm going to have play with it (to relearn Ada95) and if I find anything
I'll let you know. I have 3.15p installed in /opt anyway.

Thanks,
Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-29 22:58     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-08-29 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:10:53 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> Ah, you are right. I just assumed everyone would already be on ~x86 as gnat-3.15p is still
> there. I will move it to stable any day now however. We are also thinking of unmasking gnat-5.0
> and placing it in ~x86, so I'm interested if you find any bugs (in which case I will keep it
> masked a bit longer).

Actually, I think it'd really cool if:

1) You could get it compile with gcc-3.x when that is emerged. you can
emerge different gcc's, right? this would probably help.

2) I could specify which languages I want to build from USE flags, i.e. USE="c c++ ada"

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-30 11:38       ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-08-30 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:58:59 +0100
"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@__n_o_s_p_a_m__abyss2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:10:53 +0000, David Holm wrote:
>
> > Ah, you are right. I just assumed everyone would already be on ~x86 as gnat-3.15p is still
> > there. I will move it to stable any day now however. We are also thinking of unmasking
> > gnat-5.0 and placing it in ~x86, so I'm interested if you find any bugs (in which case I
> > will keep it masked a bit longer).
>
> Actually, I think it'd really cool if:
>
> 1) You could get it compile with gcc-3.x when that is emerged. you can
> emerge different gcc's, right? this would probably help.

Hmm, there could be issues here. First of all, a lot of people have protested against compiling
gcc with support for other languages simply because it takes too long and they don't want them.
Of course, a USE flag could work around this.
The second problem is that at the moment the GNAT 5.0 patches are for the gcc 3.2 branch and
gentoo will move on to 3.3 as soon as it is stable. I do not want to update ACTs patches because
if you follow their directions you are likely to get the stability they (almost) guarantee when
using GNAT, but if I start modifying things there is no telling what might go unstable.
ACT will probably release patches for newer versions of gcc if there is a need for it, but it
might be difficult to sync with our version updates. The gcc maintainer will certainly not hold
of a release simply because a handful of us wants to wait for the next GNAT patch.
Why do you want it to be in gcc instead of a separate package?

> 2) I could specify which languages I want to build from USE flags, i.e. USE="c c++ ada"

This has been discussed many times, hopefully we will see this soon. At the moment you can
specify if you want java support this way.

Oh, another thing. The gcc maintainer was quite glad that I took over everything Ada-related as
he is already overwhelmed with work on making gcc compile as cleanly as possible.

//David Holm

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-30 11:41       ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-08-30 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

So far I haven't seen any updates. But it's still Ada95 so you will probably not need a ug/rf
update, and as for gcc afaik the only difference to gnat 3.15p is that you can now use gcc 3.2
switches and optimizations.
As soon as I can I will make sure you can install gnat 3.14p, 3.15p and 5.0 simultaneously so
that you can use our ebuilds instead of installing binaries in /opt. (Gentoo's gnat 3.15p build
supports both native and fsu threads, the binaries only support fsu).

//David Holm

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:54:13 +0100
"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@__n_o_s_p_a_m__abyss2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:10:53 +0000, David Holm wrote:
>
> > Ah, you are right. I just assumed everyone would already be on ~x86 as gnat-3.15p is still
> > there. I will move it to stable any day now however. We are also thinking of unmasking
> > gnat-5.0 and placing it in ~x86, so I'm interested if you find any bugs (in which case I
> > will keep it masked a bit longer).
>
> Is there any updated manuals for 5.0? Like the ug/rf manuals of 3.15p?
>
> I'm going to have play with it (to relearn Ada95) and if I find anything
> I'll let you know. I have 3.15p installed in /opt anyway.
>
> Thanks,
> Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-30 11:53         ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-08-30 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:41:10 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> So far I haven't seen any updates. But it's still Ada95 so you will probably not need a ug/rf
> update, and as for gcc afaik the only difference to gnat 3.15p is that you can now use gcc 3.2
> switches and optimizations.

But are there any gnat specific flags that aren't in the gcc manuals?

> As soon as I can I will make sure you can install gnat 3.14p, 3.15p and 5.0 simultaneously so
> that you can use our ebuilds instead of installing binaries in /opt. (Gentoo's gnat 3.15p build
> supports both native and fsu threads, the binaries only support fsu).

Fair enough.

Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-30 13:34           ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-08-30 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:53:23 +0100
"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@__n_o_s_p_a_m__abyss2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:41:10 +0000, David Holm wrote:
>
> > So far I haven't seen any updates. But it's still Ada95 so you will probably not need a
> > ug/rf update, and as for gcc afaik the only difference to gnat 3.15p is that you can now use
> > gcc 3.2 switches and optimizations.
>
> But are there any gnat specific flags that aren't in the gcc manuals?

I don't know. gnatmake should list all the available flags. I haven't had time to play with 5.0
very much as I have my hands full with porting gentoo to the Pegasos.

[snip]

//David Holm

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-08-31 19:21             ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-08-31 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:34:45 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> I don't know. gnatmake should list all the available flags. I haven't had time to play with 5.0
> very much as I have my hands full with porting gentoo to the Pegasos.

How would I cross compile this beast? For example, mips-elf? I already
have this cross compiled for C/C++, but an Ada cross compiler would be
useful. This will be for bare hardware.

Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-01  3:19               ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-09-01  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have never cross-compiled gnat, but afaik it wouldn't differ from how you cross compiled
C/C++. Are you looking for plain mips-elf binaries or do you need it on Gentoo-mips? I will port
gnat to a couple of platforms when I can find the spare time. It would be nice to know which
platforms people use it on (I only have x86 and ppc).

//David Holm

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:21:36 +0100
"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@__n_o_s_p_a_m__abyss2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:34:45 +0000, David Holm wrote:
>
> > I don't know. gnatmake should list all the available flags. I haven't had time to play with
> > 5.0 very much as I have my hands full with porting gentoo to the Pegasos.
>
> How would I cross compile this beast? For example, mips-elf? I already
> have this cross compiled for C/C++, but an Ada cross compiler would be
> useful. This will be for bare hardware.
>
> Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-01 10:08                 ` Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2003-09-01 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

"I have never cross-compiled gnat, but afaik it wouldn't differ from how you
cross compiled
C/C++. Are you looking for plain mips-elf binaries or do you need it on
Gentoo-mips? I will port
gnat to a couple of platforms when I can find the spare time. It would be
nice to know which
platforms people use it on (I only have x86 and ppc)."

I have an Arms processor (my Psion Revo Max) that's just itching to get Ada
enabled.  Not sure if you can make it fit in this tight an environment
though....no HD, 16Mb of internal RAM/Storage)...what do you think?

--
St�phane Richard
Senior Software and Technology Supervisor
"David Holm" <david@realityrift.com> wrote in message

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-01 18:47                 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-09-01 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 03:19:10 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> I have never cross-compiled gnat, but afaik it wouldn't differ from how you cross compiled
> C/C++. Are you looking for plain mips-elf binaries or do you need it on Gentoo-mips? I will port
> gnat to a couple of platforms when I can find the spare time. It would be nice to know which
> platforms people use it on (I only have x86 and ppc).

Plain, it's for my own thingy. Basically, I need to know which patches (if
there are any) and the order of application.

Ta.

Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-01 20:45                   ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-09-01 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is only one patch (against gcc 3.2(.3)), you use gnat 3.15p to bootstrap the compiler.
Check the ebuild for the complete build process (dev-lang/gnat). As for gcc cross compilation,
if you are not already familiar with it, there are lots of sites describing this. For instance
the gcc cross compilation faq.

//David Holm

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:47:31 +0100
"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@abyss2-nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 03:19:10 +0000, David Holm wrote:
>
> > I have never cross-compiled gnat, but afaik it wouldn't differ from how you cross compiled
> > C/C++. Are you looking for plain mips-elf binaries or do you need it on Gentoo-mips? I will
> > port gnat to a couple of platforms when I can find the spare time. It would be nice to know
> > which platforms people use it on (I only have x86 and ppc).
>
> Plain, it's for my own thingy. Basically, I need to know which patches (if
> there are any) and the order of application.
>
> Ta.
>
> Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-03 15:56         ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-09-03 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Holm <david@realityrift.com> writes:

> So far I haven't seen any updates. But it's still Ada95 so you will
> probably not need a ug/rf update, and as for gcc afaik the only
> difference to gnat 3.15p is that you can now use gcc 3.2 switches
> and optimizations.

There are many additions to the GNAT libraries, and additional GNAT
front-end options, including new syntax for project files. An updated
GNAT user guide is a must (speaking as a supported customer, not a
gcc-gnat user).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-03 21:04                     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-09-03 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:45:04 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> There is only one patch (against gcc 3.2(.3)), you use gnat 3.15p to bootstrap the compiler.
> Check the ebuild for the complete build process (dev-lang/gnat). As for gcc cross compilation,
> if you are not already familiar with it, there are lots of sites describing this. For instance
> the gcc cross compilation faq.

I knew I'd have trouble - I'm not too sure about ebuild scripts you see.
Anyway, here are the steps I used to build gcc-3.2.2/gnat-5:

tar -xjpf /usr/portage/distfiles/gcc-3.2.2.tar.bz2
tar -xjpf /usr/portage/distfiles/gnat-5.0_pre20030822.tar.bz2
mv gnat-5.0_pre20030822 gcc-3.2.2/ada
cd gcc-3.2.2
patch -p0 < ada/gcc-32.dif
touch gcc/cstamp-h.in
touch gcc/ada/[es]info.h
touch gcc/ada/nmake.ad[bs]
../gcc-3.2.2/configure --prefix=/opt/mips-toolchain --program-prefix=gnat
--enable-languages="c,c++,ada" --disable-nls --target=mips-elf
--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
make

<output>
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-3.2.2/gcc/intl'
make -C ada "AR_FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=" "AR_CREATE_FOR_TARGET=gnatar  rc" "AR_EXTRACT_FOR_TARGET=gnatar  x" "AR_FOR_TARGET=gnatar" "BISON=bison" "BISONFLAGS=" "CFLAGS=-g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional " "DESTDIR=" "GCC_FOR_TARGET=/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-3.2.2/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-3.2.2/gcc/ -B/opt/mips-toolchain/mips-elf/bin/ -B/opt/mips-toolchain/mips-elf/lib/ -isystem /opt/mips-toolchain/mips-elf/include" "LDFLAGS=" "FLEX=flex" "FLEXFLAGS=" "LN=ln" "LN_S=ln -s" "MAKEINFO=makeinfo " "MAKEINFOFLAGS=" "MAKEOVERRIDES=" "RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=gnatranlib" "RANLIB_TEST_FOR_TARGET=[ -f gnatranlib ] || ( [ "i686-pc-linux-gnu" = "mips-unknown-elf" ] && [ -f /usr/bin/ranlib -o -f /bin/ranlib ] )" "SHELL=/bin/sh" "exeext=" "build_exeext=" "objext=.o" "exec_prefix=/opt/mips-toolchain" "prefix=/opt/mips-toolchain" "local_prefix=/usr/local" "gxx_include_dir=/opt/mips-toolchain/lib/gcc-lib/mips-elf/3.2.2/../../../..`echo /opt/mips-toolchain | sed -e 's|^/opt/mips-toolchain||' -e 's|/[^/]*|/..|g'`/include/c++/3.2.2" "build_tooldir=/opt/mips-toolchain/mips-elf" "gcc_tooldir=/opt/mips-toolchain/lib/gcc-lib/mips-elf/3.2.2/../../../../mips-elf" "bindir=/opt/mips-toolchain/bin" "libsubdir=/opt/mips-toolchain/lib/gcc-lib/mips-elf/3.2.2" "datadir=/opt/mips-toolchain/share" "localedir=/opt/mips-toolchain/share/locale" "CC=gcc" "STAGE_PREFIX=" "ADA_FOR_BUILD=" "ADA_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/mips-toolchain/lib/gcc-lib/mips-elf/3.2.2/adainclude" "ADA_RTL_OBJ_DIR=/opt/mips-toolchain/lib/gcc-lib/mips-elf/3.2.2/adalib" "ADAFLAGS=-W -Wall -gnatpg -gnata" "ADA_FOR_TARGET=" "INSTALL_DATA=/bin/sh /usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/gcc-3.2.2/install-sh -c -m 644" "INSTALL_PROGRAM=/bin/sh /usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/gcc-3.2.2/install-sh -c " \
        ../gnat1
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-3.2.2/gcc/ada'
gcc -c -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wtraditional     -W -Wall -gnatpg -gnata -I- -I. -I../../../gcc-3.2.2/gcc/ada ../../../gcc-3.2.2/gcc/ada/ada.ads
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Backend_Divide_Checks
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Backend_Overflow_Checks
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Fractional_Fixed_Ops
compilation abandoned
make[2]: *** [ada.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-3.2.2/gcc/ada'
make[1]: *** [gnat1] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-3.2.2/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

I've also tried 2.8.1:

tar -xjpf /usr/portage/distfiles/gcc-2.8.1.tar.bz2
tar -xzpf /usr/portage/distfiles/gnat-3.15p-src.tgz
mv gnat-3.15p-src/src/ada gcc-2.8.1/
cd gcc-2.8.1/
patch -p0 < ../gnat-3.15p-src/src/gcc-281.dif
touch cstamp-h.in
for i in `find ada  -name '*.ad[sb]'`; do sed -i -e
"s/\"gcc\"/\"gnatgcc\"/g" ${i}; done
cd ada
cd ../../
mkdir build-gcc-2.8.1
cd build-gcc-2.8.1
make

<output>
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-2.8.1/ada'
gcc -c -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC   -g      -I- -I. -I.. -I../../gcc-2.8.1/ada -I../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/.. -I../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/../config \
  ../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/a-gettty.c
../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/a-gettty.c: In function `get_target_wchar_t_size':
../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/a-gettty.c:108: `WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/a-gettty.c:108: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../gcc-2.8.1/ada/a-gettty.c:108: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [a-gettty.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mine/mips-3.2/build-gcc-2.8.1/ada'
make: *** [gnat1] Error 2

Can you try it out (preferably v5) for me and see if you can actually
build it? I have been able to create C/C++ cross compilers without any
trouble, just Ada.

Thanks,
Luke.

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-04  6:37                       ` David Holm
From: David Holm @ 2003-09-04  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

The first error seems to be caused by using the wrong version of gnat to bootstrap it. You
should be using the 3.15p bootstrap compiler. I believe ACT has stated that GNAT should always
be compiled by using the previous (or same) version of the compiler.
I'm not entirely sure about the second one, perhaps wchars aren't supported on your target
platform and gcc 2.8.1 does not take this into account?

//David Holm

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:04:19 +0100

* Re: GNAT 5.0 for the curious
@ 2003-09-04 10:34                         ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2003-09-04 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 06:37:07 +0000, David Holm wrote:

> The first error seems to be caused by using the wrong version of gnat to bootstrap it. You
> should be using the 3.15p bootstrap compiler. I believe ACT has stated that GNAT should always
> be compiled by using the previous (or same) version of the compiler.

I am using 3.15p to build it - the one I have in /opt.

> I'm not entirely sure about the second one, perhaps wchars aren't supported on your target
> platform and gcc 2.8.1 does not take this into account?

No idea.

Luke.