From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
Subject: Re: DLL troubles on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 03:20:57 -0400
Date: 2006-04-20T03:20:57-04:00	[thread overview]

"SLt" <stephanie.lescarret@acsysteme.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have an ADA DLL, compiled on Windows NT using GNAT and used on
> Windows NT via LabVIEW.
> When I tried to use this DLL on Windows XP, I have troubles on one of
> the function (not the first !). The error message is not clear because
> it's only the message of LabVIEW.
> Is it possible that DLL compiled on a previous operating system than
> Windows XP does not work on Windows XP ?

That is certainly possible; it depends on what Windows APIs you are
calling. Some changed between Windows NT and Windows XP.

> Sorry, i can't give more details on the ADA DLL because i have no more
> information about this.

Recompiling the DLL from source should either fix the problem or
identify the API change. Hmm. That's assuming you use an updated
Windows binding, which may be difficult to find.

--
-- Stephe