* Coverage analysis on Windows
@ 2006-09-06 14:04 ManU
From: ManU @ 2006-09-06 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am looking for a windows tool which enables to display gcov (gcc
3.4.4) coverage results.
Would you know one ?

I have tried lcov, but it isn't ported for Windows ...

Thanks for your help !

Cheers,
ManU
---

* Re: Coverage analysis on Windows
@ 2006-09-07 10:40 ` Manuel Collado
From: Manuel Collado @ 2006-09-07 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

ManU escribi�:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a windows tool which enables to display gcov (gcc
> 3.4.4) coverage results.
> Would you know one ?
>
> I have tried lcov, but it isn't ported for Windows ...

'lcov' is just a set of perl scripts. They can be executed in any
Windows system with a perl interpreter (I've just tested it).

> Thanks for your help !

You are welcome.

--
To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
in the given address:  m.collado -> mcollado

* Re: Coverage analysis on Windows
@ 2006-09-07 13:23   ` ManU
From: ManU @ 2006-09-07 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Manuel Collado a écrit :

[ ... I am looking for a windows tool which enables to display gcov
(gcc 3.4.4) coverage results ... ]

> 'lcov' is just a set of perl scripts. They can be executed in any
> Windows system with a perl interpreter (I've just tested it).

lcov processes unix-style paths.
However, our version of gcc and gcov (gcc 3.4.4) encripts windows-style
paths into .obj, .gnco, .gda and .gcov files. Therefore, lcov does not
manage them correctly ...

lcov would need to be fully ported to windows ...

If you have knowledge of any port of lcov or any other tool, please let
me know ;o)

Cheers,
ManU
---

* Re: Coverage analysis on Windows
@ 2006-09-08 11:29     ` Manuel Collado
From: Manuel Collado @ 2006-09-08 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

ManU escribi�:
> Hello,
>
> Manuel Collado a �crit :
>
> [ ... I am looking for a windows tool which enables to display gcov
> (gcc 3.4.4) coverage results ... ]
>

>>'lcov' is just a set of perl scripts. They can be executed in any
>>Windows system with a perl interpreter (I've just tested it).
>

> lcov processes unix-style paths.
> However, our version of gcc and gcov (gcc 3.4.4) encripts windows-style
> paths into .obj, .gnco, .gda and .gcov files. Therefore, lcov does not
> manage them correctly ...

It works on Cygwin. Cygwin is a Windows port of a large set of GNU
utilies. Includes a bash shell that provides a unix-like environment.
The perl interpreter (and any other utility) from Cygwin understand both
forward and backward slashes as path delimiters.

> lcov would need to be fully ported to windows ...

It works OK in my WinXP machine via Cygwin. I've just tested a minimal
example. Perhaps it needs more thoroughly test. Can you provide a sample
code that fails on your machine? I'm willing to test it in my machine.

BTW, which Windows port of gcc are you using? Cygwin? GNAT? MinGW?

> If you have knowledge of any port of lcov or any other tool, please let
> me know ;o)

Sorry, no.

--

@ 2006-09-09  1:15     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2006-09-09  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ManU" <emmanuel.chenu@fr.thalesgroup.com> writes:

> lcov processes unix-style paths.
> However, our version of gcc and gcov (gcc 3.4.4) encripts windows-style
> paths into .obj, .gnco, .gda and .gcov files. Therefore, lcov does not
> manage them correctly ...

Get the Cygwin version of gcc; it does Unix paths. The GNAT in the
Cygwin distribution is a little broken, but it may work well enough
for you.

--
-- Stephe