From: "Matthew Heaney" <mheaney@on2.com>
Subject: Re: generic package with configuration paramenter
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:45:11 -0500
Date: 2001-11-13T11:45:11-05:00	[thread overview]

"Tilman Glotzner" <tilmanglotzner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8cffca5.0111130105.366e0491@posting.google.com...
> Where can I define T_MODE ? Do I need to define T_MODE in a package
> wrapped around the generic package:

This should be adequate.

> Or can I define it with the generic package ?

Another way is to declare the type in a "root package," and then make the
generic package a (public) child:

package P is
   type Mode_Type is (FIFO, LIFO);
end P;

generic
   Mode : in Mode_Type;
package P.GQ is
   type List_Type is private;
end P.GQ;

This way you can share this type among instantiations and other children of
P.