From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: DLL troubles on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:06:18 +0200
Date: 2006-04-20T16:06:16+02:00	[thread overview]

On 19 Apr 2006 07:10:32 -0700, SLt wrote:

> I have an ADA DLL, compiled on Windows NT using GNAT and used on
> Windows NT via LabVIEW.
> When I tried to use this DLL on Windows XP, I have troubles on one of
> the function (not the first !). The error message is not clear because
> it's only the message of LabVIEW.
> Is it possible that DLL compiled on a previous operating system than
> Windows XP does not work on Windows XP ?

Possible, but not very likely.

Is it the same version of LabView? It is possible that it has a different
call convention.

Also, I remotely remember that National Instruments switched the library
format. Was it LabWindows/CVI or LabView?

Is it the same threading model? I don't remember if LabView is
multithreaded. There could be troubles with Ada tasks.

P.S. You could browse National's knowledge base. It contains useful
information about such and similar things. I would do it before checking
for Windows API or GNAT issues.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov