* Re[2]: Limited Type Access - Again
@ 2001-10-29 20:14 ANH_VO
From: ANH_VO @ 2001-10-29 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

If equality and assignment are allowed in this case, then it is the back door
for comparing and assigning objects of limited type such as task type and
projected type. I think this door should be locked. In addition, comparing or
assignment two objects of a task type does not make sense. In fact, the language
prohibits two objects of a limited type from being compared or assigned. This is
the reason why equality and assignment of a limited type are prohibited.

Anh Vo

Subject:    Re: Limited Type Access - Again
Author: "Matthew Heaney" <mheaney@on2.com>
Date:       10/29/01 4:25 PM

<ANH_VO@udlp.com> wrote in message
> It looks to me that equality and assignment do not make sense at all.

I don't understand your objection.  The default equality operator for record
types is defined as the conjunction of equality of all the record
components.  What behavior were you expecting?