From: "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: What else do i need?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:36:30 +0100
Date: 2001-07-04T18:36:30+01:00	[thread overview]

> > I have
> >
> > GNAT 3.13p installed (downloading GNAT 3.12p for the build), the sources for
> > GNAT 3.13p.  I'm trying to build from Win98.
> >

> You need complete set of UNIX tools (sh, cp, rm...).

via Cygwin?  I started downloading this a while ago, and it's nearly done.  Even
if I don't need it, it will be useful for Gwydion Dylan et al.

> But for sure you will
> never succeed to build GNAT under Win98. You should try under NT or Win2K.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to NT or Win2K.  If it doesn't work then I'll
apply the GNAT for Dos stuff and run it through DJGPP, and then the fun can
begin!  I want to build it before I modify the compiler to work on bare 386+es,
rather than make some modifications and then go "oh, how do you build it?" which
would be daft!

May I ask why you don't think it will not succeed on win98?

Thanks for the info,
Chris Campbell