From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
Subject: GPL and Copying Code
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:40:22 -0400
Date: 2001-10-19T17:40:22-04:00	[thread overview]

Let's say that I like a particular package with some algorithm and its is
under the GPL or GMGPL, would I be able to copy that piece of code from that
package in to a new package (along with other new code and perhaps even
modifying the original code) under the same lic, but different package name?

What about just renaming it to fit with in a nice naming scheme of some
package?

Of course putting a notice of where the code came from and it's (c) holder.

David Botton