* Ada coverage tools?
@ 1993-05-18  2:03 dog.ee.lbl.gov!overload.lbl.gov!agate!howland.reston.ans.net!usc!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!news.unomaha.edu!cwis!troj
From: dog.ee.lbl.gov!overload.lbl.gov!agate!howland.reston.ans.net!usc!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!news.unomaha.edu!cwis!troj @ 1993-05-18  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyon happen to know of, or better yet, have experience with coverage tools
for Ada?  We are currently looking into acquiring a coverage tool to use
on our current and future Ada projects.

Thus far, we've looked at the TCAT family of tools from Software Research,
and I must say I've not been impressed.  I'm hoping that there's something
better out there.

-Kevin Trojanowski
 troj@cwis.unomaha.edu

* Re: Ada coverage tools?
@ 1993-05-18 14:47 Wes Groleau X7574
From: Wes Groleau X7574 @ 1993-05-18 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <troj.737690596@cwis> troj@cwis.unomaha.edu (Kevin Trojanowski) writ
es:
>Anyon happen to know of, or better yet, have experience with coverage tools
>for Ada?  We are currently looking into acquiring a coverage tool to use
>on our current and future Ada projects.

If you mean a tool to document which logic paths have been executed, I suggest
investigating Logiscope from a company called Verilog.  I do NOT recommend
AdaDL.  Logiscope's user interface is not particularly intuitive, but I have
OFTEN seen worse.  It also provides graphics of the structure of single units,
graphics of the interelationships (calling paths) of groups of units, metrics
such as those defined by Halstead, McCabe, Schott, and others, and various
reports on whether each unit is acceptable, rejected, or borderline (according
to formulae defined by the user in terms of the metrics).

Logiscope can also be used on C, FORTRAN, COBOL, Pascal, several assemblers,
and I think some others not listed in my manual to an old version.

We use it on a large project (over four million lines of code already
delivered and much more to go) which is about 90% Ada.  In addition to
"required" usage, I have found it very helpful in helping me figure out
the structure of somebody else's sloppy code when I get the fun job of
fixing it!!

Wes Groleau

* Re: Ada coverage tools?
@ 1993-05-21 18:25 Robert Kitzberger
From: Robert Kitzberger @ 1993-05-21 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

troj@cwis.unomaha.edu (Kevin Trojanowski) writes:

>Anyon happen to know of, or better yet, have experience with coverage tools
>for Ada?  We are currently looking into acquiring a coverage tool to use
>on our current and future Ada projects.

pragma Plug;

Rational has a product called "TestMate", designed and developed in
sunny Grass Valley ;-)    It includes lifecycle testing support, including
integrated coverage analysis and CMVC.   email for more information.

	.Bob.
Bob Kitzberger                          Internet:   rlk@rational.com
Rational, Grass Valley, CA              CompuServe: 70743,1550
type Opinion is private;