From: Florian Weimer <Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>
Subject: Source code representation
Date: 2000/11/23
Date: 2000-11-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

The file-centered approach used by GNAT is close enough to what other
programming language implementations do on unixoid platforms
traditionally.  I've never used another Ada compiler, and I wonder if
other vendors choose a different model (i.e. precompilation of specs
and bodies and some kind of library repository).  Are there any other
Ada compilers which can directly use separate body/spec files in the
way GNAT mandates them?

(I'm interested in this because I'm going to try to push some
Ada-related directory into the FHS standard, and the following
question arises: Are directories containing .ads/.adb files
GNAT-specific, practically speaking, or not?)