From: Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: Ravenscar and run-time program parameters
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:41:26 +0200
Date: 2007-08-29T10:41:26+02:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak a �crit :
> As I understand, the Ravenscar profile forbids dynamically created
> tasks - all tasks have to be created at the library level.
> [...]
> One obvious way to pass the requested number of tasks is to use
> program parameters.
>
> I don't see how this can be implemented within the constraint that all
> tasks have to be created at the library level.
Just declare a (global) array of tasks, whose size is computed from the
parameters.

The issue with Ravenscar is not that the tasks must be library level, it
is that the number of tasks must be statically known.

One goal of Ravenscar is to be able to predict memory usage, and that
would be clearly impossible if the number of tasks is not statically known.

Yes, there is a lot of pretty nice things that you can't do under
Ravenscar constraints. That's the price for safety.
            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)