From: "Peter Richtmyer" <pmr@efortress.com>
Subject: Re: VxWorks memory error when closing ADA file
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:52:35 -0400
Date: 2001-04-28T08:52:35-04:00	[thread overview]

"Jeff Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com> wrote in message
news:WiyG6.1414$9j1.638830@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net...

> >       Are you sure you did not try to close the file twice?
> >
> > And what happens if you do not issue a "Close" at all?
> > Might be a cheap work-around, if it works, since the file
> > should get closed anyway (with most OS's at least).
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > Peter
> >

> Well...If text io is being used it can't be that since that should raise
an
> exception
> rather than blow up.
>
> As for the no close workaround....This does not work on vxWorks.

I'm "sure" you are right, because you are "sure" that you are right.
And he was "sure" the code should work. Sometimes we are so
"sure" that a possible solution would not work that we do not even
try something. And usually we are right. Almost always. And most
of our code is always right. Except for...                   :-)

Hey, maybe he is getting the ERROR because the name of the file
is "ERROR_FILE"     :-)

All he needs to do is change the name to "NO_ERROR_FILE"    :-)

OK, I am being absurd to say that finding errors is easier if
you are willing to explore ALL the possible causes, readily
sorting them in your mind as to which are more likely. And some
times it pays to just try something we are "sure" will not fix it,
because it fixes it.

How's that for pontification?

Cheers...
 Peter