From: "William J. Thomas" <wjthomas@wcvt.com>
Subject: Re: Ada95 and .NET
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 01:28:05 -0400
Date: 2001-04-14T01:28:05-04:00	[thread overview]

"Kai Gl�sner" wrote

> I would like to know if there are plans for a genuine GNAT.NET port.
> From my point of view the implications of this new platform seem to be
> very large.

If doing so would by any means give Ada an early in-road to a new market, or
put Ada in a position of being 'out in front' or 'just in time' for a
change, then you can almost bet that it will be a good two years ( or
however long it takes to possibly have no positive impact at all) before you
will see an implementation for the .NET platform.  And when you do see Ada
on the .NET platform you can be sure it will be some kludged superficial
hack that requires contortions, cranks, and incantations to fire up just a
Console application. An implementation that fully embraces the .NET concepts
along with a full blown 'state of the art' kick ass GUI builder, well.....
Just be thankful that you have Ada for embedded systems and leave the .NET
GUI world to C#.

William J. Thomas