From: M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8aREMOVETHIS@ANDTHATm-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Licensing, again
Date: 12 Jul 2006 16:19:52 +0200
Date: 2006-07-12T16:19:52+02:00	[thread overview]

First and foremost my apologies to all: This is really OT. Still I
think I don't want to let this thread stand in public as if Andrew had
scared me away :-).

Hi Andrew,

"Carroll, Andrew" <andrew.carroll@okstate.edu> writes:

> From my point of view you and Ludovic were rude to me and as I
> explained to him, I explain to you.  I don't deserve it.

I've been going back to your post on which I then "butted in" as you
said, and found

> >Also, see
> >http://www.ada-france.org/debian/debian-ada-policy.html#How-the-Ada->co
> mpiler-for-Etch-was-chosen again, I really mean it when I say "see this
> >page".

> You can keep your little wiki-link.  It took you more characters to type
> the links and all that elementary babble about really reading things
> than it would have to just answer my question.

I, personally, think you just overstepped the line there and deserved
my answer to that.

I won't pretend you were "rude". My message to you was essentially
about wether you really think that attitude will help you to get more
answers in future. Since you refused advice and really started to
throw around accusations (a rather childish reaction in my opinion), I
do not think I could help you there. As I said, I'm still working on
the right code to get that message across to some kinds of usenet
posters.

> When you offer an apology for that then you'll be ready to graduate to
> bigger and better things.

Overall I think you take all this much too serious. This is not a game
of a sort you have to win by forcing others to apologize to
you. Furthermore if it were so, your moves would be extraordinarily
inept. Allow me to demonstrate:

 <demonstration>

> It will be interesting to see how far you will go to cover up your
> condescending attitude and tone.  No matter how you sugar coat it;
> whether it be under the pretense of an experiment, or some story from
> your journal or if you hide behind an excuse like being treated like
> service personnel then you're still being condescending.

Yes, I'm condescending. So what?

 </demonstration>

My suggestion would be, that you calm down and we just forget that
episode. Note that I have not insisted on an apology from you and
still don't, also to make it possible to you just to forget this whole
thing. Everyone can slip up now and then :-) (so can I, I'm no angel
myself).

I'm sure that after a number of reasonable posts nobody will remember
all this and I'm confident that most will still read you posts and
answer your questions. I personally will welcome your contributions to
c.l.a.

If on the other side you still think you have an issue with me, I'm
willing to discuss it, but I suggest you write me by personal e-mail
and spare c.l.a.

Regards -- Markus