From: tat115@psu.edu (Tod Trowbridge)
Subject: Using Get_Line with tasks
Date: 1996/06/10
Date: 1996-06-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have four tasks all blocked at accept statements.
I have a call to get user input using get_line.
When the program hits the get_line, my compiler(activada by Alsys)
terminates the program and gives returns "global blocking
situation detected by task kernal".

I have tried many different methods to solve the problem.
The only one that seemed that gave any positive response was:

I made the main procedure a task, and made this my main program:

with package containing task that was main procedure;
procedure junk is
begin
   loop
      delay 0.01;
      put("Pause");
   end loop;
end junk;

now, just before giving the user control for input, It goes into the
infinite loop.

               Thanks in advance.