From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Visibility and Elaboration
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:49:45 GMT
Date: 2003-06-11T07:49:45+00:00	[thread overview]

> >    "we elaborate declarations and execute statements", Barnes,
> But some declarations occur in declare blocks, or in the declarative
> part of a task or in one of several other areas where elaboration csn
> occur well after the main program starts executing.
  I remain confused.  That sentence sounds like elaboration after the main
program starts, is at least mildly unusual.  But my understanding is that
  procedure p(n:in positive) is
    x : array(1 .. n) of integer;
causes the "elaboration" of "x" each time "p" is called, ie, executing
a program is typically a constant back and forth between elaborating
declarations and executing statements.