From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: GDB w/GNAT 3.11p w/NT4.0 Question
Date: 1999/03/13
Date: 1999-03-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

-----Original Message-----
From: Jackie & Barry Schiff <schiff@netspace.net.au>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: Martin C. Carlisle <mcc@entropy.cs.princeton.edu>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 8:50 AM

>Here is a small program that will show this behavior.

<snip>
Unfortunately, the program you supplied would not compile.
There is no Text_IO.Put_Line procedure with a parameter
with the formal name "Last."

I slightly reworked your program as follows:

procedure Show_Debugger_Problem is
    Line : String (1 .. 100);
    Length : Natural;
begin
    Ada.Text_Io.Put ("Enter Line : ");
    Ada.Text_Io.Get_Line (Item => Line, Last => Length);
    Ada.Text_Io.Put_Line ("You Entered """ & Line (1 .. Length) & """");
end Show_Debugger_Problem;

And, to answer the previous post....