From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: GUI with Ada?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:38:40 -0600
Date: 2009-12-18T15:38:40-06:00	[thread overview]

>> Assuming I will be using GNAT. Which gcc version should I be using these
>> days which has the latest Ada support in it? Should I be using gcc
>> directly
>> for Ada programming these days, or use GNAT GPL 2009 version from Libre
>> web
>> site http://libre.adacore.com/libre/ ?
>
> AFAIK, for GtkAda either would go.

Thanks Dmitry;

I know now gcc supports GNAT ada. If I use gcc directly, instead of GPL GNAT
2009 edition, would I be losing any features? I am  a bit confused why there
are different GNAT versions around. The reason if would prefer gcc is that
gcc is more likely to be installed on all Linux systems than GNAT itself, so
if someone wants to compile the code, they would not have to download GNAT
first, or is my thinking wrong on this? If I were to develope Ada code in
GNAT, then may be it will not compile with gcc due to some features not
being the same? I need to catch up on Ada, been a while...

I'll look at GTK for the GUI.

--Nasser