* Airbus 380 Cockpit in 360 degrees view
@ 2009-03-10 15:07 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2009-03-10 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm shows an incredible
crew station in 360 view.

I know that the subject of Airbus 380 was discussed here before. So,
the I searched the archive for software went into this largest
commercial aircraft. The search did not turn up much. Any one,
specially the folks in Europe, know what kind of software and how
large (lines of code) on Airbus 380?

A. Vo

* Re: Airbus 380 Cockpit in 360 degrees view
@ 2009-03-10 17:47 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2009-03-10 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anh Vo a �crit :
> The search did not turn up much. Any one,
> specially the folks in Europe, know what kind of software and how
> large (lines of code) on Airbus 380?

The FMS (Flight Management System) is in Ada.

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: Airbus 380 Cockpit in 360 degrees view
@ 2009-03-11 15:01   ` anhvofrcaus
From: anhvofrcaus @ 2009-03-11 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 10, 10:47 am, Jean-Pierre Rosen <ro...@adalog.fr> wrote:
> Anh Vo a écrit :> The search did not turn up much. Any one,
> > specially the folks in Europe, know what kind of software and how
> > large (lines of code) on Airbus 380?
>
> The FMS (Flight Management System) is in Ada.
>
> --
>            J-P. Rosen (ro...@adalog.fr)
> Visit Adalog's web site athttp://www.adalog.fr

Thanks for your info. By the way, do you know how large in term sloc
FMS is?

* Re: Airbus 380 Cockpit in 360 degrees view
@ 2009-03-11 16:17     ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2009-03-11 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

anhvofrcaus@gmail.com a �crit :
> On Mar 10, 10:47 am, Jean-Pierre Rosen <ro...@adalog.fr> wrote:
>> Anh Vo a �crit :> The search did not turn up much. Any one,
>>> specially the folks in Europe, know what kind of software and how
>>> large (lines of code) on Airbus 380?
>> The FMS (Flight Management System) is in Ada.
>>
>> --
>>            J-P. Rosen (ro...@adalog.fr)
>> Visit Adalog's web site athttp://www.adalog.fr
>
> Thanks for your info. By the way, do you know how large in term sloc
> FMS is?
The fact that the FMS is in Ada can be considered public information
(just Google "FMS A380 Ada"). I'm not sure about the rest, so please
excuse me (but it's very big ;-))

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)