From: Hyman Rosen <hymie@prolifics.com>
Subject: Re: Software Development
Date: 2000/05/07
Date: 2000-05-07T20:49:19+00:00	[thread overview]

anthonygair@aol.comremoveme (ANTHONY GAIR) writes:
> CMM is far better than ISO9000 despite being created by the U.S.
> ISO inspectors maybe are far easier to fool or bribe.

Software quality practices should be undertaken voluntarily because an
organization wishes to improve the quality of its processes and code.
Obviously such practices imposed from the outside will lead to nowhere
but the cheating you mention, much as some New York City schoolteachers
helped their students cheat on standardized exams in order to increase
the reputation of their schools and protect their funding.

I understand that there are companies who will buy only from vendors who
promise to abide by some specific quality methodology. This will make
cheating inevitable.