From: "Mark Pagdin" <mark_pagdin@lineone.net>
Subject: A big thank you to Bruce or Tracy, Robert  and Ted!!!!!!!
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 20:14:40 -0000
Date: 2000-12-30T20:14:40+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your help. I am meant to attept a pretty graphics addition
to the program, but i won't worry about that until I manage the basics.

I appreciate all your comments. I have been reading about Ada, Arrays etc
but I find i learn from actually doing things, not just reading about them.
I don't really want to lose face with my lecturer/plus he probably has 80
emails from desperate students like me, hence turning to you guys for help.

2 qns, about general Ada:

a) When does one use a function or a Procedure. I know it is to do with one
not giving an output or something but can anyone give an example of when to
use one rather that another?
b)I use Gnat IDE and I was recomended by my lecturer to use packages and
then procedures/functions in that package can be called. So when i want to
write the Main Program (is that what you call it?) i say "with Mark;" if
Mark is the package and then just write a procedure that calls the names of
the procedures and functions from the package?

If you can understand what i just wrote then you deserve an MBE.

Mark

-