From: Brian Drummond <brian_drummond@btconnect.com>
Subject: Rebuilding the RTL : Makefile.adalib?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:00:07 +0100
Date: 2008-07-30T16:00:07+01:00	[thread overview]

Trying to get an Ada plugin working in Eclipse, I came across Gnatbench
[3 below]. which apparently requires rebuilding the runtime library to
build, and a Makefile that appears to be missing from my distribution.

"It may be useful to recompile the GNAT library in various contexts,
[...] A special Makefile called Makefile.adalib is provided to that
effect and can be found in the directory containing the GNAT library
[1]"

Recently installed openSuse 11, with Gnat 4.3.1, and Makefile.adalib is
not there.

Downloaded gcc-ada-4.3.1.tar.bz2 from
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-4.3.1/
which doesn't have it either; either in the /adalib or /gcc/ada.

Do I need to rebuild GCC and Gnat from sources to regenerate it? Or is
there somewhere else can I obtain it?

A web search only finds it in 3.xx versions, yet [2] shows it in use as
late as last November, and Gnatbench 2.1.0 from [3] requires it, so I
presume it isn't obsolete.

- Brian

[1]
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_ugn_unw/Rebuilding-the-GNAT-Run_002dTime-Library.html