From: "Geg Bek" <gab@rational.com>
Subject: Re: Diana specification for Ada
Date: 2000/08/25
Date: 2000-08-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

This information is from:
DIANA
An Intermediate Language for Ada
William A. Wulf, Arthur Evans, Jr., Kenneth J. Butler
Tartan Labs.
ISBM 3-540-12695-3
Published by Springer-Verlag

This is dated 1988, so wouldn't have any Ada95 in it at all.

I think Rational is the only vendor that ever really used DIANA.
But the way it is physically represented is very implementation
dependent.  For instance, for Rational Apex we make sure
we represent DIANA in a way that permits incremental updates.

As Tucker said, the best way to read DIANA is through ASIS.
Updating/writing DIANA is best left to the compiler.

GReg