From: "Terry Westley" <westley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Windows: cygwin vs. GNAT mingw
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:11:38 -0500
Date: 2002-01-02T18:11:38-05:00	[thread overview]

"Gerhard H�ring" <gerhard@bigfoot.de> wrote in message
news:slrna36n6i.1jl.gerhard@lilith.hqd-internal...
> Terry Westley schrieb im Artikel <6GIY7.257$Ov2.206578@news.uswest.net>:

>> [Terry]
>> I can't find it (winserve.dll) either on my system or anywhere on the net.

> [Gerhard]
> Then I don't get why you try to link against it. Do you have the import
> library but not the DLL? If you don't have the DLL, you won't be able to
> run the executable anyway!?
>
> If so, in which form do you have the import library: .def, .lib or .a? I
> could tell you then how to get this to work with GNAT.

[Terry]
I am porting a Linux Ada program which has references to several unresolved
symbols,
such as getuid and getgid.  I used nm command to find these symbols in
winserve.a in
the mingw libraries of GNAT 3.13p.  So, I naively built and ran the executable,
only to
find that winserve.dll is missing from the GNAT mingw distribution and I can't
find it
anywhere else either.

I think my next step is to get the latest distribution of mingw and see if the
supplied
libraries will satisfy my unresolved symbols and if I can use GNAT to link them
into
my executable.

--
Terry Westley