From: Neil Trotter <neil_trotter@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT 3.10p for MS-DOS Ada Compilation Error "Out of file handles"
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:35:53 +0100
Date: 2003-07-04T13:35:53+01:00	[thread overview]

In article <b3b4e2d7.0306240713.73f028f7@posting.google.com>, Debs
Wisbey said:

> There are about 110 files that I am trying to compile and they are all
> very closely linked.  Can anyone suggest why I am getting this
> message, and how I can get round it?

You've probably resolved this by now, but IIRC, the max value for
FILES=nnn in config.sys (that works) is a strange figure like 254.  It
may be documented as 255 or 256 somewhere, but I seem to recall finding
that didn't quite work.  I forget what happens, and how I tested, it's
all a little foggy now, but I did find this for myself, it wasn't a
"friend of a friend"   :-)

Good luck,

--Neil.

--